What is Psychotherapy?
You don’t need to have a diagnosis or crisis to seek psychotherapy. Everyone benefits from the opportunity to talk, be heard, and understood. Doing so with a trained professional, like specialized clinicians, in a safe environment has so many advantages.
Many people avoid psychotherapy because of preconceived notions, costs, or lack of adequate information about this service. Before you decide whether psychotherapy is for you, get the facts. Here are just some of the advantages and outcomes of psychotherapy:
- Improved relationships
- Increased self esteem and self confidence
- Sense of empowerment
- Improved problem-solving abilities
- Reduced stress
- Increased healthfulness
- Better understanding of oneself
- Clarity of past, present, and future
- Development of tolerance for self and others
- Increased awareness and control of behaviors
- Recognition of all possibilities
- Increased realization of opportunities
- Sense of peacefulness
SERVICES IN THE SAFETY OF YOUR HOME
Your safety and security is our first priority. While we are now scheduling in-office visits, we continue to offer appointments in which we provide remote services via video conference when appropriate and necessary. To schedule an appointment, or for more information, call us at 973-850-4622.
“Judging from one of the largest surveys of psychotherapy to date, most Americans who try psychotherapy think it is beneficial… Of 7,000 subscribers who responded to the mental health questions, 4,100 saw mental health professionals. Most reported feeling better with therapy… And those in long-term therapy reported more improvement than those in short-term therapy.”*
New York Times, August, 2007, written by Richard A. Friedman, M.D. (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/21/health/21beha.html)
Psychotherapy with our specialized clinicians can be short- or long-term, and is tailored to each individual, couple, family, or group’s needs. Patients can utilize each session to focus on any issue, subject matter, or diagnosis.
It is true that psychotherapy costs time and money. In these hard times especially, who has that to spare? Ask yourself this: Can you afford NOT to be in psychotherapy? Is it a luxury or a necessity? What are the potential benefits worth to YOU?
Each psychotherapy session with our specialized clinicians is 50 minutes:
- Each session is guided by the needs of the patient.
- Each patient determines what will and will not be discussed. The assumption that patients are forced to “dig up and face their demons” during psychotherapy is never true in our practice.
- Patients set their own pace and discuss issues and events in the manner and timeframe that is comfortable for them.
- Session frequency is determined by each patient, although weekly sessions are encouraged.
- Length of treatment varies and depends on the needs of each patient.
- Family members, spouses, partners, and children are welcome to join at the patient’s request, following discussion with specialized clinicians about each person’s involvement.
- We utilize a multi-disciplinary approach, and will work with other medical professionals at the request of the patient.
Click here to make an appointment or call 973-850-4622 to learn more about how The CRCNJ can help.