Dear Valued Patients and Families,
We understand the challenges the COVID-19 pandemic presents, as well as the fears many people have. We want to assure you that we are still here for you, as always. We continue to monitor the situation and make all necessary adjustments on a daily basis in accordance with state and federal laws, as well as CDC recommendations.
Our office remains open. We are still recruiting and treating patients in clinical trials and offering no-cost memory screenings on-site. Keeping your appointments during this time should remain a priority. Social isolation may increase the risk of memory loss and cognitive decline. If you have noticed changes in yourself or close family members, contact us today. We are doing everything possible to keep you safe.
For in-person visits, we are taking the following precautions:
- Requiring all patients and visitors to wear a mask or cloth face covering while in our facilities
- Requiring all staff to wear masks when interacting with patients
- Requiring all staff to wear gloves whenever performing procedures that require physical contact with a patient
- Maintaining distance between visitors in the waiting room. Patients and visitors may choose to wait in their cars or outdoors until we are ready to see them in a private room
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure prior to appointments
- Providing hand sanitizer, available at the front desk and other areas
- Increasing staff hand washing
- Increasing sterilization of surfaces
- Opening windows and doors when able, in addition to relying on our standard HEPA air filter system
In addition, we are offering the following telehealth options:
No cost services online and via telehealth. We will maintain no-cost services via telehealth and our website, including:
- Education about research
- Free video programs on topics such as Tips for Caregivers, Status of Alzheimer’s Research, Using Technology to stay connected
- Your Life, Your Story – an opportunity to be interviewed by a high school student who will write your life story to be shared with you and your healthcare provider to better your healthcare options
If you have any questions, concerns, or if you would like to schedule an in-office visit or telehealth appointment, please contact us at 973-850-4622.