Dear Valued Patient and Caregiver,
Even as life transitions back to normal, we want to assure you that we are still here for you. Our goal to contribute to the diagnosis, treatment, and cure of age-related cognitive disorders has not changed during this health crisis. We continue to evaluate the situation and make all necessary adjustments in accordance with state and federal laws, as well as CDC recommendations.
Although telehealth is still an option for many of our services, we are still recruiting and treating patients for clinical trials in our office. In addition, our offices are now open for our clinical services. These include neuropsychological evaluations, our psychoeducation series, psychotherapy, clinical consultations, and no-cost memory screenings.
For such in-person visits, we are also taking the following precautions, which include:
- Requiring all patients and visitors wear a mask or cloth face covering while in our facilities. Due to limited supply, we cannot provide masks
- Requiring all staff to wear masks and gloves when interacting with patients
- Limiting the number of people (both staff and patients) in the office at one time
- Requiring patients to check in upon arrival at the front desk for a temperature check
- Allowing no more than four people in the waiting room to ensure social distancing. Patients may be required to wait in the car until you are ready to be seen to avoid exceeding the maximum of four
- Including signs with safety rules, such as avoiding touching the doorknobs. Only staff is allowed to open doors
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure prior to appointments
- Providing hand sanitizer, available at the front desk and other areas
- Increasing staff hand washing
- Increasing sterilization of surfaces
- Opening windows and doors when able, in addition to relying on our standard HEPA air filter system
Our staff will be in touch with all patients prior to their scheduled appointments to confirm the visit or to discuss alternatives.
In addition, we are offering the following telehealth options:
Fee-for-service clinic appointments via telehealth. We are pleased to provide this option for selected services while in-person visits are not advised. You will need a computer or cell phone that has a camera and links to the Internet. You do not need to download any special software. We will send you a link to click at the time of the appointment. CMS Medicare has approved full coverage for these appointments as have many private insurers, but you should check with your carrier as well.
No cost services online and via telehealth. We will maintain no-cost services via telehealth and our website, including:
- No Cost Memory Screens
- Education about research
- Free video programs on topics such as Tips for Caregivers, Status of Alzheimer’s Research, Using Technology to stay connected
- Your Life, Your Story – an opportunity to be interviewed by a high school student who will write your life story to be shared with you and your healthcare provider to better your healthcare options
If you have any questions, concerns, or if you would like to schedule a telehealth appointment or in-office visit, please contact us at 973-850-4622.