Dear Valued Patients and Families,
We understand the challenges the COVID-19 pandemic presents, as well as the fears many people have regarding the effects of this virus. We want to assure you that we are still here for you, as always. We continue to monitor the situation, and make all necessary adjustments on a daily basis, in accordance with state and federal laws, as well as CDC recommendations.
Keeping your appointments during this time should remain a priority. Social isolation may increase the risk of memory loss and cognitive decline. If you have noticed changes in yourself or close family members, contact us today. We are doing everything possible to keep you safe.
Although telehealth is still an option for some of our services, we are still seeing patients for clinical services and trials in our office, including neuropsychological evaluations, our psychoeducation series, psychotherapy, clinical consultations, no-cost memory screenings, and study-specific screenings and visits.
For such in-person visits, we are also taking extra precautions, including:
- Requiring all patients and visitors wear a mask or cloth face covering while in our facilities. Due to limited supply, we cannot provide masks
- Requiring all staff to wear masks and gloves when interacting with patients
- Limiting the number of people (both staff and patients) in the office at one time
- Requiring patients to check in upon arrival at the front desk for a temperature check
- Allowing no more than four people in the waiting room to ensure social distancing. Patients may be required to wait in the car until you are ready to be seen to avoid exceeding the maximum of four
- Including signs with safety rules, such as avoiding touching the doorknobs. Only staff is allowed to open doors
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure prior to appointments
- Providing hand sanitizer, available at the front desk and other areas
- Increasing staff hand washing
- Increasing sterilization of surfaces
- Opening windows and doors when able, in addition to relying on our standard HEPA air filter system
In addition, we are offering the following telehealth options:
Fee-for-service clinic appointments via telehealth. We are pleased to provide this option for selected services while in-person visits are not advised. You will need a computer or cell phone that has a camera and links to the Internet. CMS Medicare has approved coverage for these appointments as have most private insurers, but you should check with your carrier as well.
No cost services online and via telehealth. We will maintain no-cost services via telehealth and our website, including:
- No Cost Memory Screens
- Education about research
- Free video programs on topics such as Tips for Caregivers, Status of Alzheimer’s Research, Using Technology to stay connected
- Your Life, Your Story – an opportunity to be interviewed by a high school student who will write your life story to be shared with you and your healthcare provider to better your healthcare options
If you have any questions, concerns, or if you would like to schedule an in-office visit or telehealth appointment, please contact us at 973-850-4622.